Technical guidance and support to conduct
a technology needs assessment and
a technology action plan for Equatorial
Guinea plans to conduct its Technology Needs Assessment (TNA) with a Technology Action Plan (TAP) in view of the implementation of its Intended Nationally Determined Contribution (INDC).Equatorial Guinea has never initiated the process of carrying out this assessment before the development of its INDC, which is one of the new operational requirements to accelerate its implementation.
The Government has identified priority sectors for climate technology which are: Agriculture, Forests and environment, Energy, Transportation, Infrastructure, Water and Coast, Mining and Waste. The technology needs for these sectors need to be identified to promote investment in climate technologies.
Oiko’s assistance will entail conducting a categorization and prioritization of technologies that will comply with the Equatorial Guinean NDC and other strategies.
The fundamental goal is to enable Equatorial Guinea to implement its climate targets using the most appropriate technologies. In this context, the TNA report and TAP will provide the necessary guidance to evolve the prioritized technologies and address the country needs in climate change adaptation and mitigation.
The anticipated outcome of this TNA will present a number of strategic, long-term, participatory measures across the identified and prioritized sectors that will drive climate resilient and low carbon growth in Equatorial Guinea.
- Institutional capacity and coordination mechanisms in place to govern and coordinate climate action and finance
- Country Programming process
- Climate finance strategies strengthened, private sector mobilized and project pipeline enhanced
The main activities to be covered by the technical assistance will be:
- Supporting introduction of coordination for the TNA/TAP process with the NDE; 2. Taking stock of existing low-carbon technologies in Equatorial Guinea.
- Undertaking comprehensive identification of technical and technology needs by NDC sector.
- Identifying technical capacity-building needs for deployment of these technologies.
- Implementing the Equatorial Guinea technology action plan (TAP) in cooperation with all stakeholders.
2021 · 2022
DONOR · PARTNER