The GCCA+ ACP
The intention was building a platform for dialogue, exchange and cooperation to respond to the combined challenge of the fight against poverty and climate change. The lines of action include:
- Mainstreaming climate change into poverty reduction and development efforts in national development planning, from policymaking and budgeting to implementation and monitoring.
- Facilitating knowledge about the effects of climate change and the design and implementation of appropriate adaptation actions to reduce the vulnerability to the impacts of climate change, building on National Adaptation Programs of Action (NAPAs) and National Determined Contributions to UNFCCC.
- Building Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) helping countries to prepare for climate-related natural disasters, reduce their risks and limit their impacts.
- Reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD), supporting solutions to reduce carbon (CO2) emissions from deforestation and create incentives for forest protection, while preserving livelihoods and ecosystems depending on forests.
OIKO in partnership with AECOM was appointed by the European Union to conduct the policy dialogue with governments and regional institutions to formulate the new GCCA+ ACP Support program to further foster policy dialogue and exchange of experiences by implementing the recently developed knowledge management and communication strategy and informing European Union positions in the context of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
The GCCA+ ACP Program provides technical and financial support to climate vulnerable developing countries and regions, with a focus on LDCs and SIDS.
- The Climate for Development in Africa (ClimDev-Africa) Programme of the African Union Commission (AUC),
- The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) and the African Development Bank (AfDB).
- Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD)
- The Indian Ocean Commission (IOC)
- The Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS)
- Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA
- The East African Community (EAC)
- The SADC Secretariat
- The Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (CCCCC)
- The Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP),
- The Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC) and
- The United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR)
Africa · Pacific Caribbean
DONOR · PARTNER
EU + · GCCA+